Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Two New Activities for Me: Zumba and Shadow Box

Well I have offically completed one class on Everlast Shadow Box and one class of Zumba. On Tuesday I worked out for an hour and 15 minutes. Crazy! Today I worked out again for an hour and 15 minutes. Let's just say I am beat! The Zumba class was a lot of fun on Tuesday. Zumba is a workout that combines high energy and motivating music with synchronized dance movements designed for any fitness level. The routines feature aerobic fitness interval training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body. Basically I learned really fun dance moves. Shadow Box on Wednesday is a total body conditioning class that incorporates punches as well as athletic drills designed to get you ready for the ring. Umm let's just say I almost died. :)

Thanks to my cousin Brim and Aylin for getting me motivated to workout. I think these classes will be a great stress relief after a day at work and plus I hope to be in shape. Check back in a few weeks to see if I hang with this new routine in my life. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO TAL!!! I'm so proud of you! It sounds like so much fun, and the "getting in shape" part is a bonus! Stick with it, sweetie - I know you can do it! Hope to see you soon :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tal! Where did you take Zumba? I have a friend that is a loyal Zumbaist in Chicago and loves it!! Also, I would love to talk to your small group. You can email me at kraua2@aol.com. Hope to talk to you soon!
Amy