Saturday, October 18, 2008

Froth Shaped Heart

If anyone has known me for a long time, you will know that for some reason I am either placed in awkward situations or just 'out of the blue' things tend to happen to me. Once again tonight was one of those nights. Tonight after church ,I headed over to a place called Sneaky Pete's that is next to Lake Lewisville. At this random 'bar, restaurant, volleyball courts, on the lake kind of place' I was supposed to meet up with other home group leaders to get to know them from The Village. It was one of those 'single mingle' functions that always turn out to be so awkward to me. Well I ran into some people I knew, but the leaders I was supposed to meet never showed up. So the rest of the time spent at Petes was all small talk and well just sort of a bummer. I mean it was great meeting some new faces, but honestly it was not what I expected. So after we all left I decided on the way home to stop by a favorite coffee shop (Dunn Brothers Coffee) by my apartment to indulge in drinking a yummy pumpkin spice latte. At this point I was sort of laughing on the inside because once again I realized that I am not in control of anything...so I walk into Dunn Brothers and low and behold a man in his, I would guess 70s, was playing a saxaphone right as you walk in, an older lady has the tamborine in hand, a lady singing her heart out while playing on guitar, and the whole coffee shop is filled with people that were probably in their 60s and 70s rockin' out on a Saturday night. Really? I had never seen Dunns Brothers like this....It was pretty cool, but I was the youngest one besides the guy behind the counter...all alone....and it was awkward. So I just went up to the counter, ordered my latte to go and as the ever so kind guy handed me my latte with the lid off, I looked down and saw that he made a froth shaped heart in my latte. I smiled, he smiled, and I left. Such a random Saturday night.

2 comments:

Sherah said...

Oh!My!Gosh! Why, why, why, do these things always happen to you!?! :-) Man, atleast you are finding the humor in it and know that you are not in control of your life.... God really does have a plan in all this randomness, one day it will all make since. Love you girl and hopefully tomorrow won't be so random!

The Robinson Family said...

Loved the ending to your crazy night. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Miss you!